Siliconchips Services Ltd: Our Proofreading and Editing Process
Copy editing and proofreading are essential stages of content publishing. While a copyeditor focuses on the factual correctness and tone of the content, a proofreader’s duty is to rectify the minor errors. The copyeditor and proofreader, together as a team, make sure that the content is readable and error-free. Siliconchips Services Ltd. is a leading e-Content and pre-press publishing company that offers proofreading and editing services.
Our Proofreading and Editing Process
While Siliconchips Services offers end-to-end publishing services, it is also possible to opt for our exclusive proofreading and editing services. Be it an academic research paper or a corporate case study, we have experienced copy editors and proofreaders who can handle any type of content, whatever might be its nature or volume. Here is a peek into our proofreading and editing processes.
Siliconchips Services’ Editing Process
Our copyeditors work closely with the writer while editing the content. Following are the things that our copyeditors consider while editing the content:
- Factual correctness is key to good content. Our editors crosscheck every information to ensure that the content is authentic.
- Our editing team makes sure that your content follows your chosen style guide.
- The editor rectifies issues in paragraph structure, syntax and sentence structure, if any.
- It is the responsibility of the editor to get rid of problems like redundancy and wordiness in the content. The editor ensures that your ideas are clearly reflected.
- The copy editor also looks at the lexical choice and vocabulary in the content. He or she can make improvements in vocabulary and word choice to make the content more confident and authoritative.
Siliconchips Services’ Proofreading Process
Once the copyeditor reviews and edits the content, which is approved by the writer, the content goes to the final stage i.e. proofreading. The job of the proofreader is to fine-tune the content by focusing on the smallest mistakes.
- The proofreader fine combs through the content to check spelling errors.
- The proofreader corrects grammatical errors like split infinitives, run-on sentences, subject-verb agreement, comma splices, dangling participles, missing articles, etc.
- The proofreader also reviews the flow of the content to ensure it is clear and concise.
The copyeditors and proofreaders at Siliconchips Services Ltd. are not only trained professionals but also native speakers of the language. This makes our proofreading and editing services flawless and credible.